Communication Skills to Facilitate Emotional Processing Integration Seminar
June 13-15th, 2022
In this workshop, participants will learn how to help others process emotional trauma and better understand their socialized patterns around difficult emotions and challenging experiences. We will focus on specific facilitation skills used in Trauma Resolution/Traumatic Incident Reduction, Energy Psychology, Thought Field Therapy, Emotional Freedom Technique (Tapping meditation), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), breathing techniques to reach different emotional states, and accessing emotional spaces to deal with patterns. We will teach how to use these communication intervention techniques and help with facilitation skills to help others have insights from their own experiences.
The four focus areas and outcomes we will be looking at are:
- Maintaining Presence as a Facilitator
- Communication Facilitation to support deeper insights and integration of new understandings
- Goal Setting: How to identify and clear conflicting communication patterns and create goals around new and more healthy patterns
- Release and Clearing: setting up conditions that support the release of fixed emotional states and the emergence of new insights and understandings in complex emotional spaces
- Connection and Creation: Helping others gain awareness of their relationship to trauma-based communication patterns. Clearing triggered emotions by looking at the past from different frames to understand from where those patterns came. How to create new, healthy habits.
Unique concentration will be placed on the following experiential facilitation skills:
- “Holding Space”: Presence with Intention
- Support without interference: discern what is helpful and when to “trust the process.”
- Presence Practices: specific communication skills to facilitate trauma resolution
- Recall Lists: firsthand experience in structured inquiry procedures, practice handling communication cycles
- Unburdening Processes: facilitation of focused inquiry in extended sessions
Lastly, we will look at goal setting to integrate an emotional communication pattern understanding with:
- Understanding the role of Intention in Trauma
- Unburdening processes to clarify layers of deeper intentions and actual goals
- Getting to the “Why” for change
- Clarification and ownership of goals: Family goals, ancestor goals, societal expectations, “Parts,” and the whole Self
Facilitated experiential sessions will be scheduled following this workshop to allow for personal attention and supervised practice.
This workshop is meant to give participants knowledge, skills, and practice in helping others in emotionally charged spaces learn intervention techniques to facilitate individual understanding/integration of new insights. We hope to see you there.
Communication Skills to Facilitate Emotional Processing Integration Seminar Agenda
June 13-15th 2022
8:00am – 8:30am Welcome – Getting to know one another
8:30am – 10:30am – The importance of presence as a facilitator – having a sense of presence and awareness is critical in the assistance of emotional processing.
10:30am – Noon – Understanding the Basics of Communication Facilitation – when processing highly emotional states – How to help clients understand through process questioning.
Noon – 1pm Lunch
1:00pm – 3:00pm Release and Clearing Workshop – This workshop will work on setting up conditions that support the release of fixed emotional states for the possible emergence of new insights
3:00pm – 5:00pm Mindfulness and Presence Practices – in this session, participants will practice
- Walking Meditation
- The Power of affirmations
8:00am – 10:00am Goal Setting – How to help clear conflicting patterns and create new goals to modify deeply patterned communication issues.
10:00am to Noon – Practicing Communication Facilitation – this workshop will ask us to roleplay out communication facilitation for emotional processing with feedback
Noon – 1 pm Lunch
1:00pm – 3:00pm Understanding the Role of Trauma – this lecture will help participants understand the role of trauma in emotional states and how people get fixed into emotional response patterns due to trauma.
3:00pm – 5:00pm Mindfulness and Presence Practices Session 2– in this session, we will practice guiding others in the same processes we experienced the day before
- Walking Meditation
- The Power of affirmations
8:00am – 10:00am – Unburdening Processes Workshop – in this session, participants will practice processes that help to unburden those experiencing highly charged emotional states
10:00am – Noon – Getting to Why – In helping others to set goals, we must help others see and understand the deeper why which will help them initiate change – this workshop will help with facilitation in getting to deeper why’s
Noon – 1:00pm Lunch
1:00pm – 3:00pm Clarification and Ownership Goals – this workshop will help those who are facilitating others in emotional states understand the differences between their own goals and the goals of: society, family, and their own personal goals for growth
3:00pm – 4:00pm Question and Answer Session
4:00pm – 5:00pm Mindfulness and Recall lists – how to document breakthroughs and understandings in facilitation for those processing emotional states to help with goal setting and processing.